Friday 17 May 2013

When resting is not easy {a pregnancy update}

Well, I thought you needed to hear an update. So, here goes.

Last week, I started bleeding again.  Nothing like the first time, but every morning, more than "spotting", and every day since.  My MW was on holiday (vacation) last week, so I waited until she came back, before investigating the whys and wherefores.

I spoke to her on Tuesday morning, and I quickly got an appointment to go to the Early Pregnancy Unit on Wednesday afternoon.

Off I trotted, hoping for some answers.

The asked me about what had been happening, acknowledged my bleeding was more than just a little (I came armed with a picture on my phone....the things women do!!), and said they would scan me.

Once again, our little bay was active and heart beating as it should be. The doctor looked for any "abnormalities", but couldn't see anything.  They realised there SHOULD be something, based on my symptoms, so they called in the sonographer. GOOD move. She very quickly identified that the membranes were not attached at the bottom of the uterus, right above the cervix, and there was blood sitting behind them.  Hence, my bleeding.

She explained that they sometimes do not attach until around 16-18 weeks.  I am only just about 16 weeks, so it is possible that they will still attach. The sonographer wants me in next week to monitor it, and make sure it's doing what it should.

It explains the bleeding, and confirmed to me that I had been doing the right thing to rest.  I have discovered that if I do anything more than rest and stand up a little, the bleeding gets worse.  So, needless to say, more resting is what I am doing.

Interestingly, it's not a common problem.  My MW had never even had anyone with the same thing!! I told her the words I had found that were getting me answers on google - an unfused amnion. The thing is, googling is not always a good idea.  I read all the possible outcomes, and that may not be a good idea!


The thing is, not matter what God still has in store for me, and this precious babe, it is ALL IN HIS PLAN.  I am resting in that completely, and despite some of the bad "stories" I read - ranging from chromosomal disorders to premature labour - there were "good stories" too.

With God, we have no "bad" stories.  Why not?  Simply because GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD!!  How can I say that His perfect will is anything but good??  If He, my perfect, almighty, sovereign, Heavenly Father, has ordained this to be my path - whatever the outcome - it IS good.

I can honestly say He is meeting my needs.

I can also honestly say, that this is HARD.  Resting....HARD.

When one is used to being in control of the wonderful dominion that God has given me charge of, and then I suddenly have to SIT, and delegate and adapt, it's HARD!!!

Telling children to do something for you, i have discovered, takes WAY longer than if you do it yourself...

Telling a child to pass on a message to a sibling, seems not to carry the clout as me delivering it myself. ..

Sitting and thinking through what must be done, and what can be left, is not as easy as it sounds.  It's hard to leave things undone.

Mess can wait.

It's a lesson I am fast learning.

There is also great merit in resting.  Time to think and pray more for others.  Time to plan school.  Time to sit and read with the children, in order for them to learn, rather than them working alone.  Time to teach them more about character, and love, and kindness, and diligence, and tidiness.

Lessons are being learnt all around, and IN me. Acceptance.  Trust.  Faith.  HOPE.




3 comments :

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with bleeding. It isn't easy. I would recommend you continue to stay on your "bed rest" despite how the household might seem to be falling apart. I know what you mean when you say it doesn't seem to make as much a difference when you send a sibling with a message. I go through that here with my brood of children. I have a baby due in about 3 weeks. My hubby is in Iraq until the end of the month. There are days I just don't have the energy to do it. Then there are days I have energy and try and fail miserably in pain. My kids have their moments, but overall, they tend to understand I need their cooperation.

    Hang in there and keep believing God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Caroline, sorry about the problems that you have been having-wish I could pop round with a meal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update. Your perspective and hope in Him is very inspiring! We are still praying. Thanks for letting us join you in that!

    ReplyDelete